The Ashcroft® 100 and 101 threaded diaphragm seals are a complete line of isolation devices designed to protect pressure sensors and instrumentation. They can be applied in a wide variety of applications. Used when the process media material is incompatible with your pressure measuring instrument, they can also be used in high-temperature applications or when the media has the potential to clog the connection to the measuring device.
The top housing and diaphragm capsule are interchangeable with all of the Ashcroft bottom housings. They are designed with a fill/bleed connection as a standard feature, which allows one to fill the diaphragm seal assembly and your pressure instrument simultaneously after evacuation. This ensures that the filling media will flow into the completed unit.
A Viton O-ring, compatible with all standard fill fluids, and a Teflon back-up ring provide a seal between the diaphragm capsule and the top housing. A thin Teflon PTFE gasket between the diaphragm and bottom housing ensures a leak-tight corrosion resistant seal even at high pressure.
- Type 100: threaded
- Type 101: threaded with a flushing port
- Process size:
- NPT female: 1/4 to 1 1/2
- NPT male: 1/4 to 1
- Rated up to 2,500 psi, optional 5,000 psi
- Wide selection of diaphragm and lower housing materials
- Diaphragm threaded to top housing
- Flushing port (type 101) provides easy cleaning/flushing due to process media prone to clogging
- Oil and Gas
- Chemical and Petrochemical
- Water and Wastewater
- Oil and Gas Fracking
- NACE Compliant Processes (Sour Gas Separation)
- Biogas and Biodiesel