Dewpoint Sensor - DESCRIPTION
by Shaw Moisture Meters
When buying a SHAW dewpoint sensor, you know that you're buying into over 60 years of proven technical experience. The aluminum oxide sensor, used for measuring trace moisture in air and gases, is an excellent example of why you can always put your trust in us.
The construction of an aluminum oxide sensor is critical to the system's performance and reliability, yet the quality varies from manufacturer to manufacturer. Our tried, tested, and true methods involve layering and treating high-quality components to control sensor speed, sensitivity, and base capacity.
Unlike other manufacturers, we can manufacture the sensor's base layer with the precision that ensures a stable, reliable, and drift-free dewpoint sensor. Our continuous research and development program has enabled us to manufacture uniform, water vapor-specific pores for a rapid and predictable response.
The overall measurement range covered by the sensor is –100 °C to +20 °C (-148 °F to +68 °F) dewpoint, which corresponds to 0.001 ppm to 0.2 percent by volume. The selectable ranges are:
- P (Purple): -100 °C to 0 °C (-148 °F to +32 °F) DP, 0 – 6,000 ppm
- S (Silver): -100 °C to -20 °C (-148 °F to -4 °F) DP, 0 – 1,000 ppm
- G (Grey): -80 °C to 0 °C (-112 °F to +32 °F) DP, 0 – 6,000 ppm
- R (Red): -80 °C to -20 °C (-112 °F to -4 °F) DP, 0 – 1,000 ppm
- B (Blue): -80 °C to +20 °C (-112 °F to +68 °F) DP, 0 – 23,000 ppm